Personal Safety Tips
Keeping you safe
- If you have the slightest doubt about the situation, sit or stand nearest to the door, if you can!
- Remember that safety is not just physical attacks..it also includes verbal abuse!
- Glance around the room, are there any `obvious` sharp objects?
- Tell you colleagues where you are….and furthermore ..
- Let the person you are with know that they know!
- Ask yourself ..who knows I am here right now?
- Always carry a mobile phone and if possible a panic alarm
- Always check up on colleagues who have not returned from appointments
- Always stand or sit in the chair nearest to the door
- Ask yourself ..if things turn `sour`, do I know the way out quickly?
- Use your intuition ..your sixth sense..if you `feel` something is not quite right ….go..!
- Always report incidents to warn others and perhaps help your organisation or the police to ‘manage’ the offender for the future
- When in doubt …get out!